PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CUSTOMERS
- We are The Trade Centre Group Plc, trading in Wales under the trading style The Trade Centre Wales and trading in
England under the style The Trade Centre UK. Under the Data Protection laws, we are engaged as a Data Controller and a
Data Processor. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted via e-mail at email@example.com or in writing
at our registered office and trading
- In the course of selling to you a vehicle and also in preparing, at your request, an application for credit or hire purchase
facilities, you will be giving to us personal information about yourself which we have an obligation to protect under
Data Protection legislation. The personal data which is protected from improper use includes your name, address and
where appropriate, particulars of your employment and bank details.
- The reason why we collect and process your personal data is to enable you to enter into a contract for the purchase
of a vehicle and, if you request it, an RAC Warranty, and if you are seeking credit or hire purchase facilities we need to
process your personal data for the purpose of submitting an application to finance companies and obtaining a credit
reference from a Credit Reference Agency. By signing our Contract of Sale for sale of the vehicle and by signing an
application for hire purchase or credit facilities to a finance company, you are consenting to the disclosure of your
information to the Credit Reference Agency, www.callcredit.co.uk/crain / www.equifax.co.uk/crain / www.experian.
co.uk/crain and to the finance companies.
- If you apply for credit or hire purchase facilities we and the finance company to whom we direct your application will
search your record with Credit Reference Agencies which will add to their record about your details of our search,
the finance company search, and your application. This will be seen by other organisations that make searches. The
finance company will also add to your record with Credit Reference Agencies details of your agreement with them
and your payment record under the hire purchase or credit agreement with you. These records will be shared with
other organisations and may be used by them to consider further applications for credit and credit related services,
to trace debtors, recover debt, and for fraud prevention. The finance company may also check your details with fraud
prevention agencies, which themselves share their records with other organisations. If you wish to receive details
of Credit Reference & Fraud Prevention Agencies from whom we and the finance company obtain information and
to whom we pass information about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer or visit our website for further
details. You have a legal right to these details.
- As part of processing your application for credit, we may share your information with Can Can Car Finance Limited,
which is another company within the Group.
- If you proceed to purchase a vehicle from us, you should be aware that we keep a record of all sales and transactions
including your personal data for a period of 6 years plus one month from the date when you took delivery of your
vehicle. Even if you do not proceed with the purchase of a vehicle we will hold details of your personal data for a
period of 12 months.
- Telephone calls are recorded and retained for a period of four weeks only for training and monitoring purposes.
- You have a right of access to your personal data and to have it rectified and to require us to erase it, and to restrict
or stop processing it. You also have a right to have your personal data transferred to another Data Controller if you
so wish, and the right not to be subject to an Automated Decision. You have a further right to lodge a complaint with
the Information Commissioner‚Äôs Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or the Financial
Conduct Authority, Head Office, 25 The North Colonnade, London, E14 5HS.
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out in Paragraph 6 or to withdraw your consent to our retention and
processing of your personal data, you can do so, at any time by notifying our Data Protection Officer in writing at the
address found in Paragraph 1.
- If you would like to receive this notice in an alternative format, then please ask a member of staff for assistance.